Rasnadi Churnam is a wonder ayurvedic formulation that can help prevent mucous build up and heaviness in the head due to Kapha aggravation. What is it and how can we use it effectively? This short blog post and video will explain more about this product.
Fear of catching cold with regular Hair oiling:
One of the fears that people have when we recommend regular hair oiling for good hair growth and many other benefits, is the fear of catching a cold. As Ayurvedic science tells us to formulate hair oils with Madhura rasa dravyas , Medhya enhancing herbs and ensure that the oil balances Pitta and Vata dosha, this combination can sometimes aggravate Kapha dosha. This is usually tolerated well by normal healthy people. But for those with high kapha aggravation or an existing sinusitis problem, this is a very real worry.
Rasnadi Churnam: to prevent Kapha build up in the scalp
Rasnadi Churnam is a safe , effective ayurvedic chooranam (powder) that retains warmth in the head, prevents mucous formation and helps clear blocked sinuses with regular use, safely and effectively. It balances Vata and Kapha in the body, and can also be used as a warm Lepa / Pack in cases of muscular spasm, tennis elbow, rheumatism, etc.
Rasnadi Churnam is a classical ayurvedic formulation that has many uses. It can also be effectively used to control headaches, especially headaches associated with mucous build up in the head / sinusitis. For Pitta based migraine headaches, Rasnadi churnam can be applied as a paste on the forehead with warm water / milk . Leave the pack on for 10 minutes and then have a bath. For Pitta based migraine type headaches, Kachuradhi choornam is also a very good option to use.
For external application in small amounts to prevent mucous build up after bath / head oiling, Rasnadi Churnam is safe even to be used for small infants. Kachuradhi choornam is also a good option for infants and children below 2 as it is much milder.
For inhalation with Rasnadi churnam, we recommend that it be done only for 5 years and above. As a precautionary measure, pregnant women should NOT inhale Rasnadi Churnam – they can apply it on the scalp as demonstrated in the video.
Krya formulations for Head oiling: a brief glance
Head oiling is an important Dinacharya and must be done by all everyday / atleast 3-4 times a week. IF you have a Kapha build-up it is wise to begin using rasnadi churnam or consult a vaidya so you may work on this problem and experience the benefit of regular head oiling.
Krya has multiple head oils for different hair types and lifestages available. Here is a brief glance of the products available:
- Krya baby and toddler hair oil: formulated with special herbs to ensure proper closer of fontanelle, and support rapid brain development and strengthening of skull and bones for babies and young children
- Krya Kids hair oil – Classic: for Children above 3 years with straight hair or hair that tends to be on the oily side – supports brain development and formulated with soothing herbs like Brahmi, Devdaru etc prescribed for children in Ayurveda
- Krya Kids hair oil – Conditioning: for Children above 3 years with curly hair or hair that tends to be on the dry side – supports brain development and formulated with soothing herbs like Brahmi, Devdaru etc prescribed for children in Ayurveda
- Krya Classic Plus Hair Oil : for hair that is prone to high premature greying, hair thinning or excessively oily scalp – provides balance to very high Pitta aggravation. Formulated with pitta reducing herbs like Amla, Mulethi, Bhringraj, etc
- Krya Classic Hair Oil: For normal – oily hair prone to premature greying and oily scalp – balances medium Pitta aggravation. Formulated with Pitta balancing herbs like Amla, Nimba, Bhringraj, etc
- Krya Conditioning Hair Oil: For hair prone to dryness, hair breakage and brittle and frizzy hair – scalp tends to be dry – balances Vata aggravation. formulated with Vata balancing herbs like Mulethi, Japa, Vatama, etc
- Krya Harmony hair oil: For hair fall and breakage due to high stress, anxiety, insomnia, grief, etc – hair tends to be dry, breaks easily and scalp also tends to be dry. Formulated with vata and anxiety calming herbs like Devdaru, Jatamansi, Brahmi, etc.
- Krya Damage repair Hair oil: for hair and scalp that is chemically damaged due to excessive use of synthetic hair dyes, and treatments like hair smoothing, keratin treatments, perming, etc. Detoxifies scalp and promotes healthy growth. formulated with detoxifying and growth improving herbs like Khadira, Daruharidra, Mushta, Mulethi etc
- Krya Intense Hair Oil: For hair fall due to long illness and high / long term medication : promotes healthy hair growth. should not be used if person has not suffered from illness based hairfall. Formulated with growth promoting and detoxifying herbs like Ashwagandha, Vatama, Narikela, Tila, Gokshura, etc.
Problem solution oils:
- Krya Anti Dandruff hair oil: For Fungal dandruff and Scalp Psoriasis. formulated with healing and Kushta roga healing herbs like Babchi, Triphala, etc.
- Krya Anti Lice Hair oil: For lice and nits (can be used for babies also). formulated with Krimighna and soothing herbs like Vacha, Nimba, Daruharidra, etc.
All Krya hair oils are made as per Ayurvedic tila paka veedhi, use cold pressed oils and the recommended Ayurvedic herbs. So all of these oils can be used for Ayurvedic head oiling.
How to use Rasnadi churnam: a Video
Here is a short video we just shot for the Krya Product Support Group, a facebook community, on how you can effectively use Rasnadi Churnam correctly & effectively. The Krya Product Support Community is a Facebook community we created to help support the use of our products, share Ayurvedic guidelines for better skin and hair care and answer product usage doubts quickly. Do join us here.
Now for the video:
If you have any queries on our products, or would like our help choosing the right products, use the form given below