Looking for a face wash for your teenager who is experiencing hormonal acne?
Teens experience upheavals in dosha balance due to the hormonal changes occurring in their body. This leads to aggravated pitta and kapha dosha which trigger the easy eruption of pus-filled cystic acne.
Many children find these changes difficult to deal with and they also affect their sense of self-worth. So they fall prey to common skincare hacks and products found on the internet.
Such skincare advice and products often don’t work. Worse still they could over-dry the top layers of skin and cause skin flakiness and dryness. Even if they do work, the results are only temporary as they do not address the root of the issue which is aggravated pitta and kapha.
Krya Teen anti-acne Face wash – a face wash for teenagers (specially designed)
Krya Teen Anti-acne face wash is carefully formulated according to Ayurvedic principles to help cleanse skin effectively, balance sebum and slowly bring down hormonal teen acne.
The face wash if extremely mild and non-irritating on skin which is important when we handle skin with over aggravated pitta. Yet it cleanses thoroughly and effectively leaving the skin refreshed and deep cleansed.
This is a 22 Ayurvedic herb, grain and clay formula. It contains astringent oil balancing herbs like Pomegranate, Kasturi Turmeric. Arjuna, Lodhra , Nimba help shrink and clarify acne. Herbs like Karanja, Vacha, Yashtimadhu clarify and heal skin.
Other products that help Teen skin:
In addition to the Krya face wash twice a day, we also recommend using the Krya teen anti-acne face mask twice a week. In addition if your teenager also has back and chest acne, apart from face wash, the Krya Teen Body wash should be used everyday instead of a soap to bathe with.
For teen girls who have mild but regular acne and oiliness, we also suggest using the Krya Mangalya Lepa. This Lepa can be added to the face wash, body wash and face mask as an additional skin healing agent. This mask will stain skin and clothing as it contains turmeric.
Further Care for Teen Acne:
It is extremely important to balance Pitta and Kapha to bring down the recurrence of acne in teen skin. As there is already a hormonal imbalance, adding rich, salty, and fried foods, quickly results in skin eruptions.
Here are some foods to avoid:
- Excessive fermented foods like idli and dosa
- Fried Food
- Excessively sour, spicy or salty food
- Cold sweet foods
- Cold sweet high fat drinks
- Read more about how Pitta can trigger acne here and here
A Krya face wash is an excellent natural substitute to a synthetic foaming cleanser.
All Krya face washes are well, researched, carefully formulated and thoughtfully manufactured ayurvedic choornams (powders) made from organic lentils, grains and select ayurvedic herbs.
The Krya facewash does not use foaming chemicals like SLS and SLeS, synthetic preservatives like parabens, artificial colours and fragrances, thickeners, or any manner of synthetic additive.
Instead it is wholesome and completely natural, made ONLY from organic lentils, grains and ayurvedic herbs.
The Krya face wash does not merely surface cleanse: it also cleanses and unclogs the Srotas in the skin reducing the appearance of open pores, and helping deep cleanse skin and remove hidden ama (toxins).
Over time you will find that skin has a more refined and even appearance as Srotas are unplugged of dead cells and debris, allowing the skin to go back to its original texture and appearance.
Because of the way each Krya face wash is formulated, it does not foam like a synthetic face wash. But this is an excellent benefit as the product will cleanse skin extremely gently (while still being effective), and will not strip skin of natural sebum and dry it out.
Many consumers therefore find that there is no need to moisturise skin after using a Krya facewash as all the essential natural oils are intact in skin.
Difference between the Krya Facewashes:
We have formulated many Krya facewash products to suit different skin issues and prakrirtis. Each formulation varies in the colour of the product, its texture, the herbs used, the processing method used and finally the way it interacts with your skin.
For example, the Krya Classic Face wash is formulated to gently cleanse and unclog Pitta prakriti skin. To balance sebum production of this naturally oily skin and remove dead cells from deep within we use a combination of highly astringent, toning and skin cleansing herbs which do not irritate skin.
The Krya after sun face wash on the other hand is formulated to cool and cleanse sun burned and sun tanned skin. So it contains highly gentle, cooling and soothing cleansing herbs. It is also processed to ensure that it does not irritate burned skin.
Such herb, processing and formulation differences exist in each Krya face wash. Please go through the “Is the right product for me” tab given in each Krya facewash to select the correct product for your prakriti and skin type.
How to use:
- Take ½ – ¾ teaspoon of the correct Krya face wash powder for you in a clean bowl.
- Add a few drops of clean, cool water to make this into a thick, non-drippy paste.
- If Possible, leave the paste to stand for 20 minutes so that the herbs interact well with each other. This can be done by mixing the Face wash paste at the beginning of your bath, and using it to wash your face by the end of your bath.
- Apply this paste gently on your face and neck using gentle upward and circular motions avoiding the delicate area around your eyes.
- If using the Krya Anti acne Face wash, apply the wash like a Face Mask / Lepa – Pat onto skin, DO NOT Rub, and leave for a minute before washing off the paste with cool water. This is to avoid irritating sensitive , acne prone skin
- Rinse off with clean, cool water and pat face dry.
- Use Twice a day for best results. We recommend using the Face wash both in the morning and again at night just before sleeping
- At night, please follow up your face wash by using the recommended Krya facial serum on damp clean skin. This ensures that your skin is worked on at night while you sleep, by a potently nourishing and restoring set of oils and botanical nutrients.
Other additives that can be added to your Krya face wash to enhance results:
- For normal – dry skin that is not acne prone: Good quality A2 Milk (boiled and cooled). If skin is very dry, milk cream can also be added
- For Normal – Oily skin that is occasionally acne prone: ½ Milk-cream removed + ½ clean water OR, Good quality Rose water
- For Acne Prone skin: ½ Water + ½ Good quality Aloe Juice OR ½ Water + ½ Fresh Neem leaf juice
- For Sun Burned Skin: ½ Aloe Juice + ½ Rose Water . If skin is very dry and sun burned: ½ Rose water + ½ Good Quality A2 Milk (Cream removed)
- For Men’s Skin: Rose Water OR Aloe Juice OR Fresh Neem Leaf Juice OR Plain Cool Water
Recommended Krya Face care Routine:
- Wash your face wash with the recommended Krya face wash once in the morning and once at night before sleeping
- At night , after face wash, use the recommended Krya Facial Serum to help moisturise and nourish skin
- Once a week, use the recommended Krya Face Mask (Lepa) on cleansed skin. Detailed instructions for this product are available on the Main Lepa page and Individual product pages. For acne prone skin, the Lepa should be used twice a week.
- After Lepa, please seal in moisture using the recommended Krya Facial serum
- Ensure you do a regular Abhyanga Snana – a regular Abhyanga helps balance all 3 doshas, improves skin recovery and restoration and boosts the way all Krya products work for you. For more details please visit our Abhyanga Snana Category page.
- Besides diligent use of Krya’s products, a good diet is extremely restorative and nourishing for skin. Please read the Krya Blog for more suggestions on the right Ahara and Dinacharya for different skin types.
This is a 22 ingredient Ayurvedic choornam (blended herb powder) made by carefully processing each herb one by one , before blending them together in a well-researched, precise formula.
This face wash powder contains the following ingredients:
Heritage Mung bean, Manjishta, Amla, South Indian Turmeric, Mung bean processed in a herbal decocotion
Neem Leaf, Neem Bark, Shirisha Bark, Karanja Bark, Arjuna Bark, Lodhra, Khadira, Yashtimadhu, Ashoka Bark, Babchi, Dadima, Kasturi Turmeric, Zeodary, Vacha, Tulasi, Babool Gond, Badam Gond
There are no answers to this question, be the first to respond.