Are you looking for a face wash for dry skin? Does your skin feel taut, stretched or dry in cold weather? Or, does your skin feel dry and stretched due to excessive time spent in an air conditioned office or due to living in a dry, cold climate?
Does washing your skin make it feel uncomfortable stretched, with dry itchy skin that immediately needs a synthetic moisturizer?
Inherently dry skin is usually described as Vata dominant skin. However, even if we are not Vata dominant, living in a Vata dominant climate (cold, dry weather), spending time in a low humidity air conditioned environment, or due to effects of age, our skin can become dry, stretched and uncomfortable. Here the factors of environment and age can accelerate the effects of Vata dosha in the body.
Skin where vata dosha is aggravated (either due to inherent nature or external factors) feels dry, taut and stretched. It requires frequent moisturization. Stress and cold weather can increase dryness further. The skin can tolerate only very mild cleansers – a normal cleanser or soap can quickly strip skin of moisture.
When Vata aggravated skin is not looked after correctly, skin starts to age much faster as its sebum production is impaired. It starts looking dull, lack lustre and feels rough.
The Krya Moisture plus face wash – gentle face wash for dry skin (aggravated vata)
The Krya Moisture Plus face wash powder has been formulated to help balance aggravated Vata dosha in facial skin and gently cleanse dry skin without stripping it of natural moisture. This ALL NATURAL, CHEMICAL FREE product is made from 23 skin nurturing, healing & gently cleansing Ayurvedic herbs including Indian Liquorice, Fennel , Tender Banyan root, etc.
The ingredients have been chosen after a careful study of the Ayurvedic Samhitas – the formulation helps soothe dry irritated skin, balances vata dosha and gently cleanses skin. Skin is left feeling clean, supple and well nourished. With regular use, users report an improvement in natural oil production, improved skin elasticity and overall improvement in skin health.
Further care for dry skin (vata aggravated) :
We recommend that dry skin which has aggravated vata prakriti be cared for using our 3 part Moisture plus face system. This system consists of the Krya moisture plus face wash, the Krya Moisture Plus skin nourishing Facial Serum, and the Krya Moisture Plus face Lepa (Mask). When this this 3 part system is used, it improves dry skin in the following 4 ways:
- Balances aggravated vata dosha in facial skin
- Soothes stretched, taut, dry skin
- Allows the skin to regulate sebum production to the right level
- Skin appears soothed, with healthy elasticity, plumpness and radiance.
A Krya face wash is an excellent natural substitute to a synthetic foaming cleanser.
All Krya face washes are well, researched, carefully formulated and thoughtfully manufactured ayurvedic choornams (powders) made from organic lentils, grains and select ayurvedic herbs.
The Krya facewash does not use foaming chemicals like SLS and SLeS, synthetic preservatives like parabens, artificial colours and fragrances, thickeners, or any manner of synthetic additive.
Instead it is wholesome and completely natural, made ONLY from organic lentils, grains and ayurvedic herbs.
The Krya face wash does not merely surface cleanse: it also cleanses and unclogs the Srotas in the skin reducing the appearance of open pores, and helping deep cleanse skin and remove hidden ama (toxins).
Over time you will find that skin has a more refined and even appearance as Srotas are unplugged of dead cells and debris, allowing the skin to go back to its original texture and appearance.
Because of the way each Krya face wash is formulated, it does not foam like a synthetic face wash. But this is an excellent benefit as the product will cleanse skin extremely gently (while still being effective), and will not strip skin of natural sebum and dry it out.
Many consumers therefore find that there is no need to moisturise skin after using a Krya facewash as all the essential natural oils are intact in skin.
Difference between the Krya Facewashes:
We have formulated many Krya facewash products to suit different skin issues and prakrirtis. Each formulation varies in the colour of the product, its texture, the herbs used, the processing method used and finally the way it interacts with your skin.
For example, the Krya Classic Face wash is formulated to gently cleanse and unclog Pitta prakriti skin. To balance sebum production of this naturally oily skin and remove dead cells from deep within we use a combination of highly astringent, toning and skin cleansing herbs which do not irritate skin.
The Krya after sun face wash on the other hand is formulated to cool and cleanse sun burned and sun tanned skin. So it contains highly gentle, cooling and soothing cleansing herbs. It is also processed to ensure that it does not irritate burned skin.
Such herb, processing and formulation differences exist in each Krya face wash. Please go through the “Is the right product for me” tab given in each Krya facewash to select the correct product for your prakriti and skin type.
How to use:
- Take ½ – ¾ teaspoon of the correct Krya face wash powder for you in a clean bowl.
- Add a few drops of clean, cool water to make this into a thick, non-drippy paste.
- If Possible, leave the paste to stand for 20 minutes so that the herbs interact well with each other. This can be done by mixing the Face wash paste at the beginning of your bath, and using it to wash your face by the end of your bath.
- Apply this paste gently on your face and neck using gentle upward and circular motions avoiding the delicate area around your eyes.
- If using the Krya Anti acne Face wash, apply the wash like a Face Mask / Lepa – Pat onto skin, DO NOT Rub, and leave for a minute before washing off the paste with cool water. This is to avoid irritating sensitive , acne prone skin
- Rinse off with clean, cool water and pat face dry.
- Use Twice a day for best results. We recommend using the Face wash both in the morning and again at night just before sleeping
- At night, please follow up your face wash by using the recommended Krya facial serum on damp clean skin. This ensures that your skin is worked on at night while you sleep, by a potently nourishing and restoring set of oils and botanical nutrients.
Other additives that can be added to your Krya face wash to enhance results:
- For normal – dry skin that is not acne prone: Good quality A2 Milk (boiled and cooled). If skin is very dry, milk cream can also be added
- For Normal – Oily skin that is occasionally acne prone: ½ Milk-cream removed + ½ clean water OR, Good quality Rose water
- For Acne Prone skin: ½ Water + ½ Good quality Aloe Juice OR ½ Water + ½ Fresh Neem leaf juice
- For Sun Burned Skin: ½ Aloe Juice + ½ Rose Water . If skin is very dry and sun burned: ½ Rose water + ½ Good Quality A2 Milk (Cream removed)
- For Men’s Skin: Rose Water OR Aloe Juice OR Fresh Neem Leaf Juice OR Plain Cool Water
Recommended Krya Face care Routine:
- Wash your face wash with the recommended Krya face wash once in the morning and once at night before sleeping
- At night , after face wash, use the recommended Krya Facial Serum to help moisturise and nourish skin
- Once a week, use the recommended Krya Face Mask (Lepa) on cleansed skin. Detailed instructions for this product are available on the Main Lepa page and Individual product pages. For acne prone skin, the Lepa should be used twice a week.
- After Lepa, please seal in moisture using the recommended Krya Facial serum
- Ensure you do a regular Abhyanga Snana – a regular Abhyanga helps balance all 3 doshas, improves skin recovery and restoration and boosts the way all Krya products work for you. For more details please visit our Abhyanga Snana Category page.
- Besides diligent use of Krya’s products, a good diet is extremely restorative and nourishing for skin. Please read the Krya Blog for more suggestions on the right Ahara and Dinacharya for different skin types.
23 organic grains + lentils + ayurvedic herbs:
*Mudga bean, *masha bean, manjishta, neem flower, lodhra, *arrowroot, kushta, khadira, daruharidra, *amla, tulasi, guduchi, brahmi, *fennel, psoralea seeds, Indian sarsaparilla, durva, haritaki, Indian liquorice, bala, vata, zedoary, rose petal
* – organically grown (all other ingredients are wild crafted)
Radical Transparency in action – What We Declare is What you get!
This is a list of 100% of all the ingredients that go into this product . There are no other hidden ingredients or synthetics masquerading under innocuous names in this product.
All ingredients are sourced whole. They are then meticulously cleaned , processed in a temperature controlled environment one by one, before being blended together.
Skin with high amount of Vata dosha influence has the following characteristics:
- Feels dry, stretched and taut in cold weather / low humidity
- Is naturally pale and cool to touch
- Sometimes due to overall Vata aggravation, skin becomes darker / tanned looking WITHOUT high sun exposure
- Moisturisers and oils seem to “sink quickly” into skin – skin seems to absorb light moisturisers very quickly requiring constant re-application
- Skin texture is slightly rough and coarse
- Fine lines and small wrinkles are visible around eyes and mouth
- Skin is rarely prone to oiliness or acne