Dauhridini : The One with Two Hearts
1. Around the 4th month of the pregnancy, the foetal organs , including the heart , start developing distinctly. So at this stage , the pregnant woman is described as the Dauhridini or the “The One With Two-Hearts”. It is also at this stage that the foetus is able to communicate its own needs to the mother and this expresses itself as the unusual pregnancy cravings.
“Kikkisa : An Ayurvedic Condition “
2. From the 6th month onwards, there is a rapid development in the foetus, which in turn causes Tridoshic vitiation in the mother.
3. Due to the rapid increase in foetal size, the skin is stretched and this results in linear scars or stretch marks, on the abdomen, hips , thighs and lower back. Due to the Tridoshic vitiation, there could be hyper-pigmentation, itching, burning and redness along these stretch marks. This condition is collectively called as “Kikkisa” in Ayurveda.These stretch marks are also called as “Striae Gravidarum”.
4. The Krya Dauhridini Skin Oil is a nourishing and moisturzing oil with soothing herbs to balance pitta dosha and astringent herbs to control vitiated-kapha.
5. In this special oil, we have used organic musk melon for its sweet, soothing pitta-balancing property, Banana Stem for healing, skin-regenerating , kapha balancing properties. We have also use hoary skin healing and soothing herbs like Yashti, Daru Haridra & Khadira in a suitable base of sesame & neem oils.
6. Regular , topical application of this skin oil, gives relief from the itching and burning sensations. There is also a reduction in the stretch marks, which becomes less prominent with use.
7. The primary purpose of this Skin oil it to nourish and soothe the stretched skin and therrby reduce the itching , burning sensations associated with this conditon (Kikkisa). If used regularly from the onset of the stretch marks, it can also help lighten these marks.
8.This nourishing, moisturzing oil can applied topically on the body where needed, both before & after the bath.