Benefits of hair oiling OR Why Hair oiling is still cool:
We have often been told: “Oiling hair is so passé and oiled hair looks un-cool. Why are you insisting on hair oiling?”. Yes, oiled hair is no longer fashionable. But hair loss, greying, frontal thinning, and female pattern baldness is also severely on the rise. The rise of these never-seen-before hair problems can be traced back to a single habit which India has lost: hair oiling with AUTHENTIC Ayurvedic hair oil.
In Classical Ayurveda, hair oiling is an essential part of the Dinacharya. Hair oiling is recommended to be done not just for its spectacular scalp and hair benefits. Frequent and consistent hair oiling helps correct many modern hair problems like hair thinning, premature greying, scalp dryness, excessive scalp oiliness , weak and brittle hair, split ends, etc. Hair oiling is also recommended to be done to reduce mental stress, improve the functioning of the eyes, and promote good quality sleep.
Why can’t I oil my hair with pure coconut oil / Almond oil / Olive oil? Why should I use the Krya Classic hair oil?
Ayurveda recommends using Ayurvedic oils – oils which have been processed using herb juices, decoctions and fresh herb pastes. This is preferred over using plain base oils, even if the base oil is of good quality. This preference is because of a few reasons.
When a base oil is processed using the Tila Paka method of Ayurveda, it becomes lighter with smaller particle size helping the oil penetrate deeper into the scalp or the skin. Base oils also come with their individual “prakriti. For example, coconut oil is very cooling, mustard oil aggravates pitta, as does Sesame oil. So when used as is, they cannot provide a holistic benefit to each person whose dosha constitution may be different.
Instead, Ayurveda recommends altering the action of the oil by using the herbs, flowers, fruits and roots that are appropriate for the condition being managed. So the Krya Classic hair oil uses Pitta Samana herbs like Phyllanthus emblica(Amla), Chrysopogon zizanioides (Vetiver), Cyperus rotundus (mushta). Apart from Pitta Samana, the herbs we use in the Krya Classic hair oil also deepen hair colour, prevent premature greying, cool the brain, reduce mental stress and clarify eye sight. Therefore using Ayurvedic hair oil like the Krya Classic hair oil, allows us to really manage the issues related to Pitta aggravation much more effectively compared to use plain base oil alone.
What kind of hair does this product work best with?
- The Krya Classic Hair oil works best for normal to oily hair where the scalp is greasy, and is prone to premature greying, hair thinning and other Pitta prakriti problems..
- If your hair and scalp tends to be extremely dry, has a lot of spilt ends, tangles easily, breaks easily, is very curly and generally feels rough and coarse, we recommend using the Krya conditioning hair oil or the complete Krya extra conditioning hair system instead.
- If you have stubborn dandruff, we recommend that you treat the dandruff FIRST with the Krya Anti Dandruff hair oil or the complete Krya Anti Dandruff System before coming back to this product range.
- If your hair has been chemically damaged (frequently coloured with synthetic hair colours, straightened or permed), we recommend you use the Krya Damage repair hair oil or the complete Krya Damage repair Hair system FIRST, before coming back to this product range.
- If you have had hair loss due to a long illness, severe medication, we recommend using the Krya Intense Hair Oil or the complete Krya Intense hairfall growth promoting system.
Why does the Krya Classic hair oil have a dark colour, look slightly sticky and smell so herbal? Why can’t you add any natural fragrances to change the way it smells?
The colour, texture and fragrance of the Krya Classic hair oil comes from the set of 18 herbs, fruits, vegetables, roots and 4 cold pressed organic oils and butters used in the formulation. We use only whole herbs, fruits, vegetables and roots and the highest edible grade of cold pressed organic oils and butters.
Each of these come with their own colour, texture and fragrance and flavour profile. Please remember that synthetic hair oils form the market use Light Liquid paraffin, synthetic colours, synthetic fragrances and hexane extracted, refined, de-odorised and bleached oils to achieve the way they look.
Do not evaluate the Krya Classic hair oil by the way it looks or smells. Evaluate the Krya Classic hair oil by the nourishment it provides to scalp and hair and the visible improvement in hair quality it brings you.
The Krya Classic hair oil – manufacturing process
The Krya classic hair oil is an oil formulated using classical Ayurvedic references to balance excess Pitta, cool Pitta Prakriti scalp, nourish the scalp, and encourage the growth of firm, deep-rooted dark hair.
The Krya Classic hair oil is manufactured using the classic Ayurvedic Tila Paka process. The Tila Paka process is a classical 3-part Ayurvedic method combining Taila (oil), Kashayam (Aqueous Extract) and Kalpa (paste) .This is a method unique to Indian traditional medicine, where the nutrients inside herbs are extracted in both water and oil – this ensures that every part of the herb is extracted into the oil, giving you an oil which is both powerful and “sookshma” (capable of penetrating even the minute cells). This process alone takes us between 6 – 8 hours of constant manual stirring to ensure the oil maintains a perfect consistency and the herbs do not get burned.
This oil is then cured for seven days with a second set of herbs and other cold pressed delicate base oils to infuse their properties into the oil. The total time to make a batch is 168 hours which includes processing the herbs and juices, boiling the herb-oil mixture and then curing the resultant oil with another set of herbs. At the end of the hot processing and the cold infusion process, the texture of the oil changes and the oil is extremely different from its basic nature – so even though heavy oils like sesame and coconut are used, the end oil is much lighter, less sticky and penetrates hair and scalp much faster than the base oil.
It is no wonder, that true to its name, the Krya Classic hair oil is one of our classically high performing products. Our users love it for its authenticity, and how well it works to strengthen hair, reduce excess pitta, reduce hair thinning, reduce premature greying, improve hair growth and balance scalp greasiness.
What goes into the Krya Classic Hair oil?
- Organic Herbs, fruits , vegetables and roots: Organic Phyllanthus emblica (Amla), Organic Murraya koenigii (Krishna Nimba), Organic Lawsonia inermis(Madayantika), Organic Rosemarinus officinalis, Organic Psidium guajava (Peruka) , Organic Benincasa hispida (Kushmanda) , Organic Eclipta alba (Bhringaraj), Organic Azadirachta indica (Nimba)
- Forest collected Herbs, fruits , vegetables and roots : Rubia cordifolia (Manjishta), Acacia catechu (Khadira), Glycyrrhiza glabra (Yashtimadhu), Cyperus rotundus (Mushta), Chebulic myrobalan (Haritaki), Beleric myrobalan (Vibhitaki), Hemidesmus indicus, Chrysopogon zizanioides (Usheera)
- Base Oils & butters – Organic, cold pressed , high edible grade oils and butters of Cocos nucifera (Narikela), Garcinia indica (Amlabeeja), Prunus armeniaca (Urumana) and Sesamum indicum (Tila)
What does not go into the Krya Classic hair oil?
The Krya Classic hair oil is an ALL-NATURAL, COMPLETELY WHOLE PLANT based product. The product is guaranteed to be synthetic free and uses only pure Ayurvedic herbs, fruits, leaves, flowers, roots and cold pressed oils and butters: Therefore, NO Paraffin / Mineral Oil, Silicones, Synthetic fragrances, thickeners, colours, , PH adjusters, extracts.