- The Krya Extra Conditioning Hair Oil is made using a classical 3-part Ayurvedic process combining Taila ( oil ) , Kashayam ( Aqueous Extract ) and Kalpa ( paste)
- It takes us 9 days to manufacture a batch of oil from pre-processing, preparing and boiling the oils with herbs and steeping the final blend in the base oil and additional herbs. Almost every part of the process is hand made, the old fashioned way and the oil preparation boiling alone takes 6 – 7 hours on low heat.
- Ayurveda follows this laborious method of oil processing to ensure that we extract both water soluble and oil soluble actives form the herbs to ensure an oil with maximum nutritional benefit. In this method, the herbs are chosen carefully for their documented benefits to nourish and strengthen your hair and scalp
- After boiling, this special herb and oil mixture is then steeped in the base oil for 7 days to achieve maximum potency. In this oil, we additionally steep the oil in more herbs to impart their volatile oils and hair benefits further into the oil.
Complete Ingredient declaration:
Here’s what the 16 ingredient – Krya Extra conditioning oil for dry damaged hair contains:
- Organic Moringa Leaf – regenerative, soothing and moisturizing on skin and hair. Packed with protein, calcium, beta carotene, vitamin c, potassium, and iron.
- Organic Henna – wound healing, anti fungal, cooling, high gloss
- Organic Holy Basil – powerful anti-oxidant with anti bacterial, anti fungal and anti inflammatory properties
- Organic Indigo – improves hair colour and texture
- Organic Rosemary – regenerative, improves hair gloss, anti bacterial
- Wild Indian Liquorice – moisurizng and conditioning on hair, promotes hair growth
- Organic Carrot – excellent regenerative herb on skin and hair, natural hair thickener, gives hair excellent lustre and texture, improve blood circulation
- Organic Yellow Eclipta – ayurvedic hair revitaliser, improves hair strength, cools pitta, improves colour
- Organic Indian Gooseberry – ayurvedic hair revitaliser, improves acid mantle of hair, increases gloss and shine, improves circulation and encourages healthy hair growth
- Wild Babchi – soothes itchy scalp, stimulates healthy hair growth, excellent for fungal scalp conditions
- Wild Karun jiraka – packed with good for skin and hair nutrients, this herb works on thinning hair and promotes healthy, glossy hair
- Organic Fenugreek – the original ayurvedic conditioning herb, fenugreek cools your body, soothes an itchy or inflamed scalp, works on conditioning hair and repairing damaged cuticular scales.
- Organic Ajwain – Added to balance the cooling herbs in this formulation – prevents kapha buildup
- Organic Chamomile – regenerative, cell repairing and shine enhancing herb
- Organic Hibiscus flowers – cooling, hair conditioning, high gloss herb
- Organic palmarosa – natural moisturizing , anti bacterial and skin and hair repair herb
These 16 herbs are processed in the following oils:
- Organic Coconut oil – pitta pacifying and hair growth promoting
- Organic Sesame oil – vata pacifying and regenerative oil
- Organic Kokum butter – highly emollient and conditioning on skin and hair