The benefits of hair oil for your baby:
- At Krya, we recommend the regular and frequent use of a good quality hair oil for adults. However, the practice of oiling in Indian traditional medicine gives many other health benefits apart from a healthy head of hair. Oiling the scalp and hair is considered extremely beneficial to reduce excess pitta in the body. Oiling also helps calms down the entire body, relaxes the nerves and aids in giving sound and restful sleep.
- For babies and children, oiling acts as an extra support to their as-yet under developed body and organ systems. A good hair oil stimulates healthy hair growth, repairs the damage caused by harsh shampoos, and relaxes the body aiding sound sleep.
Difference between the Krya baby hair oil and the Krya adult hair oil
- Our adult range of hair oils contain a slightly different combination of herbs. We also use a much higher proportion of herbs in order to repair the damage often seen on adult hair and scalp.
- The Krya baby & toddler hair oil relies on traditional ayurvedic herbs like Brahmi, which are prescribed for both internal consumption and external application for children. Brahmi helps boost memory and aids neurological development. It also relaxes and cools the scalp and removes stress and excess pitta. This hair oil also has a much higher proportion of cold pressed, organic base oils compared to our adult hair oils.
How the Krya baby & toddler hair oil is made :
- The Krya Baby & Toddler Hair Oil is made using a classical 3-part Ayurvedic method combining Taila ( oil ) , Kashayam ( Aqueous Extract ) and Kalpa ( paste) .This is a method unique to Indian traditional medicine, where the nutrients inside herbs are extracted in both water and oil – this ensures that every part of the herb is extracted into the oil, giving you an oil which is both powerful and “sookshma” (capable of penetrating even the minute cells). This process alone takes us between 6 – 8 hours of constant manual stirring to ensure the oil mainatins a perfect consistency and the herbs do not get burned.
- After processing the base oil and base herbs, we further add raw, cold pressed , organic oils and let the herbs steep for more time to ensure their nutrient properties are fully transferred to the oil. This cold infusion process takes us a further 7 days – so every batch of oil takes us 8 days to manufacture. At the end of the hot processing and the cold infusion process, the texture of the oil changes and the oil is extremely different from its basic nature – so even though heavy oils like sesame and coconut are used, the end oil is much lighter, less sticky and penetrates hair and scalp much faster than the base oil.
- Herb Infused Oil: Forest collected Brahmi, Organic Indian gooseberry, Organic Yellow Eclipta, Forest collected nutgrass, Organic Moringa, Organic hibiscus flower processed in cold pressed and organic oils (Coconut, sesame)
- Base Oil – Organic cold pressed Coconut Oil ,Organic cold pressed Sesame Oil