- Ayurveda descibes Vata vitiation (an excess or a reduction of vaayu) is one of the chief cause of disease in ayurveda – nearly 50% of all diseases can be traced to vata vitiation. Seemingly disparate complaints from cervical spondylitis, joint and back aches, dry skin, dull and lifeless hair, emaciation, irritability and poor digestive capacity can all find its roots in vitiated vata.
- Urban cities with the high level of stress, travel and noise are considered to be vata vitiating according to ayurveda. Almost all urban dwellers who go to work could also be considered to have vata vitiation.
- If you eat at erratic times, drink plenty of tea and coffee, take frequent flights (mostly at odd times) and work in a stressful environment, you will probably have vata vitiation. This will be seen internally in the form of fatigue, niggling aches and pains in the joint and bone system and a reducing appetite. You may find yourself reaching for extra cups of tea and coffee to get you through the day and your sweating level should be much lower than normal.
- Externally, your skin will display signs of cracking where it is thinnest – around the mouth, soles of the feet, knees and elbows. Your hair will usually look dull and lifeless, and your skin should be without luster, dry and flaky. You may also experience itchy flaky skin on your scalp – this kind of dandruff will have “air / vaayu” like qualities – it will be dry, light and unsubstantial.
- One of the primary treatment for dry kin due to vata vitiation is a Pre-Bath oil application. A Pre-bath oil application of the Krya Moisture Plus Skin Oil ( With Durva & Pomegranate) efficiently draws out the toxins and remove the accumulated dirt form the millions of pores on your skin.
- After soaking for a few minutes, you should wash off the the Krya Moisture Plus Skin Oil with a Krya Ubtan or a Krya Body-Wash
How the Krya Moisture Plus Skin Oil ( With Durva & Pomegranate) in Manufactured :
- The Krya Moisture Plus Skin Oil ( With Durva & Pomegranate) is made using a classical 3-part Ayurvedic method, called Sneha Kalpana, combining Taila ( oil ) , Kashayam ( Aqueous Extract ) and Kalpa ( paste) .This is a method unique to Indian traditional medicine, where the nutrients inside herbs are extracted in both water and oil - this ensures that every part of the herb is extracted into the final product, giving you an oil which is both powerful and "sookshma" (capable of penetrating even the minute cells). This process takes us between 6 - 8 hours of constant manual stirring to ensure the oil maintains a perfect consistency and the herbs do not get burned.
- After processing the base oil and base herbs, we further add raw, cold pressed ,organic oils and more herbs to infuse their properties into the oil. This second set of herbs added are usually delicate herbs like flowers and highly aromatic leaves which cannot tolerate high temperature. This cold infusion process takes us a further 7 days as we allow the nutrients from the first and the second set of herbs to fully be transferred into the oils. So every batch of this oil takes us 8 days to manufacture.
- At the end of the hot processing and the cold infusion process, the texture of the oil changes and the oil is extremely dfferent from its basic nature - so even though heavy oils like sesame and coconut are used, the end oil is much lighter, less sticky and penetrates hair and scalp much faster than the base oil.
What goes into the Krya Moisture Plus Skin Oil ( With Durva & Pomegranate )
- Wild Collected Durva grass, Neem Leaf , Moringa Leaf, WinterCherry, Tree Turmeric, Liqorice, Organic Pomegranate, Organic Almond, Organic Ajwain, Kokum Butter , processed in cold-pressed organic sesame oil, cold-pressed organic coconut oil , cold-pressed organic tamanu oil