• Made from sun-ripened certified organic soapberries
• Contains 3% natural calcium carbonate powder to keep the soapberries dry
• Contains no artificial additives like colours, fragrances, enzymes, bleaches or anything else
• Made from a fruit and not petroleum ( the base for chemical detergents)
• Works in both front-load and top-load washing machines and in a bucket wash.
• Washes clothes really well.
• Gentle on Fabric and keeps it soft
• Maintains Colour and Texture
• Safe on skin
• Naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal in action
• Biodegradable and compostable residue
• Cruelty free and Vegan (no animal derived ingredients)
Also Recommended for
• Cottons, Handlooms and naturally dyed fabric to maintain colour and fabric
• Baby’s diapers, nappies and clothes to gently but thoroughly clean leaving behind only soft and clean clothes
• Modern cloth diapers – cleans thoroughly without build up keeping keeps inserts, pockets and covers fresh and soft
For both top-load and front-load machines
• Lightly brush any spots, stains, or dirty cuffs and collars using a thick paste of Krya detergent and water and a soft clothes brush.
• For a full load, put one tablespoon of the Krya detergent into the cotton pouch that comes along with the detergent powder.
• Securely tie the mouth of the bag with a double knot.
• Drop the bag along with the clothes into the drum of the washing machine or into the detergent dispenser and wash as usual.
• For better results, run the soak function (for upto 20 minutes) to give the detergent more time to work on your clothes.
• After the wash load is completed, remember to remove the cloth pouch from the machine. The detergent residue in the bag is fully bio-degradable and can be dropped into your potted plants or garden as plant food.
• Dry the wet cotton pouch along with clothes to get it ready for the next use.
For hand wash (bucket-wash)
1. Lightly brush any spots, stains, or dirty cuffs and collars using a thick paste of Krya detergent and water and a soft clothes brush.
2. Put one tablespoon of Krya detergent into the cotton pouch and tie the bag securely with a double knot.
3. Put the pouch into a dry bucket and turn the tap on.
4. Soak your laundry in the detergent water for about 20 minutes before starting your wash.
5. Squeeze the pouch well to extract the detergent and now wash as usual.
6. Shake out any detergent residue that may remain on the washed clothes before line drying them.
7. Remember to remove the cloth pouch from the bucket. The detergent residue in the bag is fully bio-degradable and can be dropped into your potted plants or garden as plant food.
8. Dry the wet cotton pouch along with clothes to get it ready for the next use.
• Store in an dry, airtight container
• Use only a dry spoon to measure out the krya detergent.
• If your powder gets lumpy because of moisture, dry it in the sun for a couple of hours and store it back in your container. You can also simply crush the lumps with your fingers and use the powder as usual
Additional washing instructions
1. A warm water wash gives better results – running your machine in the afternoon will give you a warm water wash without using up more electricity as the water in your tank and the pipes would be naturally heated.
2. After each wash, compost the detergent residue in your garden or potted plants and dry the cotton pouch. Wash the cotton pouch with the rest of your laundry every 2 – 3 cycles to keep it clean.
3. Line dry your clothes inside out, keeping dark colours and black garments in the shade. If you line dry them over a longer period so that they dry slowly, your clothes will feel fluffier and softer.
- Unlike other detergents, no water is used or wasted in the manufacturing of this product.
- The farm we source soapberries from follows dry land horticulture – which means that it only uses rainwater for the crops. No external water source (irrigated water) is used on the farm, which makes it efficient and water positive.
- Unlike other detergents, Krya detergent is hypoallergenic and low foaming. You only need to do a single rinse for most laundry. Please set your washing machine cycle to a single rinse to save water.
- All wash water that you generate while using the Krya detergent is immediately re-usable. It can be safely directed to your plants or your rainwater harvesting channel .If this is not possible, you could also collect the water from the last rinse to mop your floor or clean your bathrooms.
- Outer carton is made from corrugated paper which is made from recycled paper. This carton can be further recycled along with old newspapers. Corrugated cartons carry high value in the recycling system and are sought after by recyclers.
- Inner cover is made from high grade (100 micron) clear, unprinted virgin HDPE. By using this gauge and grade of plastic, and by not printing on the plastic cover, we have created a packaging layer that has reasonable chance of getting recycled. After emptying the detergent powder into an airtight container, rinse out the cover and leave it to dry. Once dry, the cover can be recycled along with other similar high grade plastic packaging, or re-used inside the home.
Bio-degradable detergent residue
- After the wash cycle with the krya detergent, some residue of fibres will be left behind in the cotton pouch. Remember to remove the cloth pouch from the machine. The detergent residue in the bag is fully bio-degradable and can be dropped into your potted plants or garden as plant food.
To sum up, we have ensured that every part of the Krya detergent from the carton, the inner cover, the wash water from the machine and the detergent residue, can be safely recycled. By following the simple recycling methods given above, you can tread lightly on the planet and get closer to the ideal of zero waste generated from your laundry.