This massage oil is specially formulated for babies aged 0 -1 year
1. A regular Abhyanga (oil massage ) with the approproate oil is highly recommended in Ayurveda for babies. In addition the very act of oil massage gives you a fantastic route to bond emotionally with your baby.
2. A regular Abhyanga paying special attention to the fontanelle, and limbs encourages healing, growth, corrects small deformities (if any) and gives the baby good health, good appetite and sound sleep.
3. In Ayurveda, childhood is dominated by the Kapha dosha to provide the building blocks of a strong body. However this also means that children are susceptible to colds and respiratory illness. Therefore the Krya baby massage oil contains warming herbs to protect the baby from colds and respiratory illnesses.
4. The primary herbs used in this oil are bala roots ( sida cordifolia), ashwagandha and liqorice , which are first extracted in water before further processing.
5. The base oils are cold-pressed organic sesame and coconut oils.DOES NOT contain petroleum ( liquid paraffin)
Manufacturing Process :
1. The Krya Baby Massage Oil is made using a classical 3-part Ayurvedic process combining Taila ( oil ) , Kashayam ( Aqueous Extract ) and Kalpa ( paste)
2. It takes us 9 days to manufacture a batch of oil from pre-processing, preparing and boiling the oils with herbs and steeping the final blend in the base oil and additional herbs. Almost every part of the process is hand made, the old fashioned way and the oil preparation boiling step itself takes 6 - 7 hours on low heat.
3. Ayurveda follows this laborious method of oil processing to ensure that we extract both water soluble and oil soluble actives form the herbs to ensure an oil with maximum nutritional benefit. In this method, the herbs are chosen carefully for their documented benefits to nourish and strengthen your baby's skin and bones.
4. After boiling, this special herb and oil mixture is then steeped in the base oil for 7 days to achieve maximum potency. In this oil, we additionally steep the oil in more herbs to impart their volatile oils and skin benefits further into the oil.
Complete List of Ingredients:
1. Certified Organic - Basil , Cumin, Peppercorns, Dried Ginger, Kokum Butter
2. Organic but not certified – Cold pressed Sesame Oil, Cold pressed coconut oil
3. Wild crafted (forest collected) - Bala Roots , Ashwagandha , Liqorice , Manjistha, Vetiver.
How to Use:
Pour a few drops of the Krya baby massge oil on to your palms and gently massage your baby's entire body with it. Do pay attention to the limbs during massage. In winter or in very cold weather, you can warm the massge oil before applying it on baby.
Wash off advice:
Please use a krya baby ubtan ( traditional bath powder ) or a Krya body-wash to give your baby a bath after the massage
My baby is just 2 months old. I am using this oil since last 1 month. This is really good. My baby is feels good and fresh after taking message with this oil. 100% better than those Johnsons and other chemical products.
Posted On: 6/15/18 By: Niveditha