This is a special Krya formulation for adults who are constantly exposed to direct tropical sun. Please do not have a bath immediately after coming in from the sun as it is contra indicated. Wait for atleast 45 minutes to cool down before having a bath. Do not enter an air conditioned room, eat cold foods or cold drinks immediately after sun exposure.
- This soothing body wash powder has been formulated for adults high sun exposure. If your skin is patchy, blemished & pigmented due to constant Sun exposure and has spotting due to Melasma, then choose the new Krya After Sun Body Wash with Arjuna & Ashwagandha.
- Made with Ayurvedic herbs chosen for their ability to soothe skin and help retain the retain its moisture.
- The herbs used in this formulation have a natural cleansing, skin nourishing and anti bacterial action.
- Is made from plants and NOT petroleum
- Is FREE from potentially carcinogenic and suspect ingredients like SLS, SLES, parabens and fragrances
- Is made fresh in our facility where the ingredients are sorted, carefully cleaned, sun dried and harmoniously processed.
- Designed to cool, refresh, soothe and gently cleanse skin sun-stressed skin
- Leaves your skin feeling refreshed, well cared for and smelling fragrant after every bath.
- Biodegradable and compostable product
- Grey water emanating from using this product is readily recyclable
- Non toxic, safe, plant based ingredients that are inspired by traditional systems of Indian medicine.
- Apart from our researched set of herbs , we also use lentils that have been steeped in 2 kinds of special medicated herb decoctions. The making of this medicated decocotion, steeping of lentils, drying and processing alone takes 5 days.
- The medicated decoction has been specially researched to cleanse and soothe sun parched skin, and helps heal minor damage caused by excessive sun exposure.
Complete List of Ingredients:
- Organic but not certified – Himalayan Navrangi, Oats, Barley, Urad, Himalayan kidney Bean, Proso Millet, Native Rice, Arrowroot, Indian Gooseberry, Mint, Guava Leaf, Rose Leaf, Jamun Leaf, Shisham Leaf, Moringa, Guava Fruit
- Wild crafted (forest collected)- Arjuna, Lodhra, Ashwagandha, Indian Sarsaparilla, Vetiver, Manjishta, Orange Peel, Guggul gum, Sweet flag, Nutgrass
- Mix 2 - 3 tablespoons of the Krya After Sun Bodywash with Arjuna & Ashwagandha in cool water to form a moderately thick paste.
- Use this paste to cleanse skin instead of a soap / synthetic bodywash
- On skin that is reddened, itchy or extremely dry, apply the bodywash like a mask / pack and do not rub.
- Wash off with warm - cool water.
Special precautions for sun exposed skin:
- Do not have a bath or splash cold water on sun exposed skin
- Rest indoors for atleast 30 - 45 minutes before bathing.
- In this time of rest do not stay in an air conditioned room, drink extremely cold / iced drinks or eat cold food.
- Drink water at room temperature only.
Bathing precautions for sun exposed skin:
- Bathing should be attempted only after the body has been given sufficient time to cool
- Bathing water should be at roughly the same temperature as skin - not too cold ,not too hot .
- Hot water will further increase pitta in the body; Cold water will abruptly cool the body leading to health problems
Recommended clothing and diet after severe sun exposure:
- The texts recommend wearing light pastel shades or white clothing afer sun exposure and using cooling metals and gems on the body like silver to bring down pitta
- Severe sun exposure increases pitta in the body which makes digesting heavy food extremely tough - avoid hard to digest food like meat, and dry lentils. A diet that has old rice, freshly cooked split mung, and sun ripened vegetables are advised.
- Avoid jaggery, sesame, urad, rajma, channa, curd, tamarind, kokum, tamarind, chillies and pepper