The Krya Intense hairwash has been formulated using organically grown grains and lentils and forest collected , renowned ayurvedic herbs. This not only helps improve our products efficacy but also helps us stay true to our principle of being a truly environmentally sustainable company.
We process each herb separately in order to retain its unique nutrient benefits. A batch of Krya Intense hair wash takes a week to clean, cure, separately process and blend before it reaches you. The Krya Intense Hairwash is a uniquely natural formulation – we use ONLY herbs to make this formulation and every single ingredient has been declared on the website. There are no other synthetic builders, fillers, colours, surfactants, silicones , preservatives or fragrances that have been added to the product. Every single ingredient comes from some part of a plant and has been minimally manufactured to retain its nutrients.
The Krya Intense hairwash in addition contains 2 special types of medicated lentils that have been processed in a special medicated herb decocotion.
Complete List of Ingredients:
Organic Ingredients: Green gram, Black gram, Heritage rice, Heritage Fenugreek, Moringa Leaf, Yellow Eclipta, Curry Leaf, Balloon Vine plant, Medicated lentil base (2 types), Albizia leaf
Wild crafted (Forest collected) : Shikakai, Soapberry (Himalayan & South Indian), Madder, Henna, Indian gooseberry, Hibiscus flower, Hibiscus leaf, Indian Liquorice, Neem
- Make a mildly thick paste with the Krya Intense hairwash - it should look like runny dosa / pancake batter and should drip from your hand.
- Wet your hair extremely well. Takes 3 - 4 mugs of water to do this for shoulder length hair. Synthetic shampoos containing wetting agents, so you can actually use the shampoo almost directly on hair without too much wetting. With a natural hairwash like ours, the hair has to be completely wet - hair tends to swell when fully wet, which makes efficient washing easier.
- Apply the paste in sections all over the scalp first. Once you have covered the whole scalp concentrate on the hair length. It is not important to thoroughly scrub hair length but it is important to cover scalp and head well as this is the source of dirt, oil and dandruff.
- If you have oiled your hair, the paste will not have any foam the first time. The product foams only when excess oil and dirt have been removed from your scalp and hair. If you have oiled your hair heavily, please use the product twice. If you have cleaned well the first time, you should see foam during the second application - you can make the paste much more runny for the second time.
- Rinse well in cool water (as cold as you can manage). This seals the hair shaft well - hot water breaks open the hair shaft and fries it (hair is a protein like an egg, so heat cooks it). Use your hand shower or your hands to gentle guide the product from your scalp / head down the length of your hair and out. At this stage, unlike a synthetic shampoo, your hair will NOT feel thick, conditioned or synthetically smooth.
- Towel / air dry your hair. Do not rub vigorously. Do not comb when wet.
- Once dry, your hair should feel light, clean, without any static. Your scalp should feel soothed and not itchy. as mentioned, your hair should still feel clean 1 / 2 days after washing -and your need to wash should reduce.
- If you do not rinse thoroughly, you may have some product residue in the hair. This falls out during combing / drying and will do no harm to your hair.
- Why this occurs: We have a few constraints when designing our hairwash. we use whole powdered herbs as traditional medicine (and our experience) tells that that this conserves the nutrient properties of the herbs extremely well. But this means that this is a non-dissolving product, which means that there will be some amount of residue still left over if not rinsed out properly. This rinsing process is a habit - it takes a few tries and usually our consumers get the hang of it over 4 - 5 washes.