This is a product carefully formulated and processed for your baby's tender hair and scalp. We have designed this product used for babies 0 - 1 year
- Made from a researched and tested formulation that contains 14 organically grown and forest collected lentils and herbs including Jasmine, Chamomile & Shoeflower
- The lentils and herbs used in this formulation have a natural cleansing action on your baby’s tender hair and scalp. Your baby’s hair will be smooth and detangled after using the Krya soothing herb hair wash powder. The scalp will not feel itchy or irritated.
- Is made from plants and NOT petroleum
- Is FREE from potentially carcinogenic and suspect ingredients like SLS, SLES, parabens and fragrances
- Is made fresh in our facility where the ingredients are sorted, carefully cleaned, sun dried and harmoniously processed.
- Designed to gently cleanse, soothe and condition tender hair.
- Leaves your baby’s hair feeling smooth and well cared for. Will not irritate scalp
- Completely free from toxics and synthetics.
- Biodegradable and compostable product
- Grey water emanating from using this product is readily recyclable
- Non toxic, safe, plant based ingredients that are inspired by traditional systems of Indian medicine. Can be used safely for babies below the age of 1 year.
Complete List of Ingredients:
- Certified Organic - Indian Gooseberry, Fenugreek, lemon peel
- Organic but not certified – Jasmine, Chamomile , Heritage Mung bean, Shikakai pods, Heritage Adzuki bean, Albizia leaf, Red shoeflower leaf, Red Shoeflower, Curry Leaf
- Wild crafted (forest collected) - Nutgrass,Sweet flag
How to Use:
How the product has been designed:
This soothing herb hairwash powder has been designed for toddlers’ hair and scalp. At this age, the hair shaft and oil secretion channels are not yet fully formed.
Therefore this kind of hair is very soft, can be easily damaged and should be kept well moisturized in order to support the tender sebum glands. If the hair goes dry, it tends to tangle easily, causing a lot of pain when being combed or styled.
Therefore this product has been carefully designed as a low-foaming, high on conditioning, slightly lower on hard cleaning, type product.
What to expect after using the product:
After using the product, your child’s hair should feel soft, well conditioned and should be easy to comb through without tangles.
Please use this product after a light oil application (if oil is being used). This product cannot cleanse moderate to heavy amounts of oil.
Make a thin paste with warm water (not too hot, not to cold), and mix the product well without any lump formation. Comb your child’s hair first before washing it to ensure that there is no further tangling of hair during the wash. Use this paste to cleanse sections of your child’s scalp and hair.
Do not let the paste sit for too long, and rinse quickly. When rinsing use your palms to rub off the product from the scalp and rinse thoroughly so there is no residue left on your child’s scalp.
Will this irritate my child’s eyes ?
The product contains a very small amount of natural surfactants like soapberry and Shikakai, which are moderately irritating if they enter the eyes. This is a learning process and it takes a few attempts for even adults to learn to guard their eyes during hair wash. We have used these herbs in very small amounts, yet there is an odd chance that this could irritate certain children. Coach your child to keep his or her eyes closed as you wash off the product.
The product is completely non toxic and causes no damage even if it enters your child’s eyes. To reduce irritation if any, rinse your child’s eyes immediately in cold water.
The natural product learning curve :
Switching to completely natural products like ours comes with a learning curve. However, the benefits that accrue to your family’s health, the condition of your hair and skin and your general surroundings, more than makes up for this learning curve. Thank you again for supporting our work.