Complete List of Ingredients
Krya, uses a unique cleansing base in all of our natural Shampoo powders. We use whole plant surfactants like Desert Date (Balanites aegyptica), Shikakai (Acacia concinna) and Sopberry (Sapindus trifoliatus). In addition, we also use whole grains like Whole Mung bean (Vigna radiata), Whole black gram (Vigna mungo) . We also use healing clays .
This whole natural cleaning base is mildly acidic . This ensures that the sebum production in your scalp is not taxed. It also means that the entire mixture works WITH and not against the scalp’s natural system.
As the Krya range of natural hairwash powders is formulated differently from synthetic shampoos, you cannot use it like you would use your synthetic Shampoo. It does take a while re-adjusting to this new method of hair washing - Most people take 3 - 4 attempts to get the hang of it.
Method 1 : use like a Mask
1. De-tangle & section hair into 6 - 7 sections. Ensure that each section is straight and that the scalp is well exposed as you section out hair
2. Take the requisite quantity of Krya Classic Plus hair wash and mix into a thick paste, similar to pancake batter using cool water
3. Massage the paste well into the scalp first, along with each section.
4. Then coat each hair section well with the paste before rolling up onto the head.
5. Do this for each section. Finally, use the remaining paste to hold the hair together on the head
6. Put on a shower cap and leave the natural shampoo paste on for 30 minutes or so.
7. Rinse off the product thoroughly with clean, cool water. Towel dry.
Method 2: Use similar to a Synthetic shampoo
1. Make a mildly thick paste with the Krya hairwash - it should look like runny dosa batter and should drip from your hand.
2. Wet your hair extremely well. Takes 3 - 4 mugs of water to do this for shoulder length hair. Synthetic shampoos containing wetting agents, so you can actually use the shampoo almost directly on hair without too much wetting. With a natural hairwash like ours, the hair has to be completely wet - hair tends to swell when fully wet, which makes efficient washing easier.
3. Apply the paste in sections all over the scalp first. Once you have covered the whole scalp concentrate on the hair length. It is not important to thoroughly scrub hair length but it is important to cover scalp and head well as this is the source of dirt, oil and dandruff.
4. If you have oiled your hair, the paste will not have any foam the first time. The product foams only when excess oil and dirt have been removed from your scalp and hair. If you have oiled your hair heavily, please use the product twice. If you have cleaned well the first time, you should see foam during the second application - you can make the paste much more runny for the second time.
5. If you have over washed hair, your hair will squeak when being rinsed. Remember when hair squeaks, it is over-washed – remember to control this the next time you wash.
6. Rinse well in cool water (as cold as you can manage). This seals the hair shaft well - hot water breaks open the hair shaft and fries it (hair is a protein like an egg, so heat cooks it). Use your hand shower or your hands to gently guide the product from your scalp / head down the length of your hair and out. At this stage, unlike a synthetic shampoo, your hair will NOT feel thick, conditioned or synthetically smooth.
7. Towel / air dry your hair. Do not rub vigorously. Do not comb when wet.
8. Once dry, your hair should feel light, clean, without any static. Your scalp should feel soothed and not itchy. as mentioned, your hair should still feel clean 1 / 2 days after washing -and your need to wash should reduce.
Issues you could face when using the Krya All Natural Shampoo/ Hairwash powders :
1. The product residue is still in my hair: If you do not rinse thoroughly, you may have some product residue in the hair. This falls out during combing / drying and will do no harm to your hair.
We have a few constraints when designing our hairwash. we use whole powdered herbs as traditional medicine (and our experience) tells that that this conserves the nutrient properties of the herbs extremely well. But this means that this is a non-dissolving product, which means that there will be some amount of residue still left over if not rinsed out properly. This rinsing process is a habit - it takes a few tries and usually our consumers get the hang of it over 4 - 5 washes.
How to overcome this: Rinse thoroughly. It helps to partition your hair while in the shower, and rinse each section well, so that no residue is stuck in your hair.
2. My hair is feeling slightly rough and dry, not smooth & silky as it used to with my synthetic-shampoo + synthetic conditioner
Why this occurs: Synthetic shampoos are designed with hair coating agents like silicones to mask the damage done to the cuticular structure. The SLS / SLeS in the shampoo tends to break the cuticular scales -so if you examine shampooed hair under a microscope it will have a serrated edge and not a smooth appearance. This weakens hair structure and causes it to break easily and go dry. The silicone "conditioning" agents in the shampoo add a thin layer on top of this broken cuticular structure - so when you run your hand through hair it appears to be smooth. However, this silicone does not penetrate or repair hair - it simply adds a layer on top of hair, so the hair is still structurally weak.
How to overcome this: With consistent hair oiling with Krya's hair oils, use of our Hair masks and our natural shampoo, you will see a visible difference in hair texture, strength and growth. Hair takes some time to heal, but you will see the difference for yourself with persistence. Truly Healthy hair has a remarkably better texture compared to damaged hair which is masked by the use of synthetic shampoo + synthetic conditioner.
3. My hair feels different after a Krya hairwash - not bad, but different from when I shampoo with a synthetic shampoo
Why this occurs: The Krya hairwash is formulated completely different from synthetic shampoos. It contains no heavy chemicals whihc weigh down hair. Also, hair does not feel artificially smooth and limp as we use no synthetic silicones.
Instead, Hair feels clean, light, not weighed down, without static when combed. The Scalp feels clean, cool, soothed & non itchy. Hair does not get greasy quickly after a wash - you can go longer without having to re-wash your hair . This is a sign that the hair's sebum ecosystem is in balance.
4. The product is not foaming at all - how will my hair get clean?
Why this occurs: Krya uses a mixture of cleansing agents to create the Krya range of all natural hairwash powder. Of these different cleansing agents, only a few generate foam. Even the foam they generate is of very less quantity compared to synthetic surfactants. This is because we use whole plant surfactants like Acacia Concinna (Shikakai), Sapindus trifoliatus (Soapbnerry) etc. The volume of surfactants in this herbs are around 15% of the weight of the plant part. So the foam this plant will generate will be MUCH less compared to a synthetic shampoo where a large volume of the product is synthetic surfacants, foam boosters and lather generators. If there is oil remaining on your hair this product will not foam - which is an indicator of whether there is still excess oil on your hair or not.
How can I overcome this: Lather is not the only sign of cleansing. All of us are too used to lather in different products and have come to equate lather with cleansing. As you get used to all our all natural hair wash powder, you will begin to distinguish dirty hair from clean hair, without relying on lather as a cue. Remember, this excessive lather is NOT good for your scalp - it strips hair of much-needed sebum and leaves scalp dry and stunts hair growth
There are no entries.