The Krya conditioning hairwash has been designed for curly hair that tends towards frizziness, has a lot of static, and tends to be dry from within and break easily. In Ayurveda we generally classify this kind of hair under a vata prone constitution. This kind of hair gets damaged very quickly when subjected to synthetic shampoos, silicone based conditioners , heat, and chemical treatments. The nature of vata dosha is rough an dry, and Ayurveda advises the use of specific herbs to control this rough, dry and coarse nature of Vata dosha.
The Krya hairwash for example uses extremely gentle surfactants in a carefully formulated proportion to ensure that delicate hair and scalp is not stripped further of sebum or moisture. We also use a high proportion of gloss enhancing and conditioning herbs to retain the elasticity, cuticular structure and health of hair. Vata prone hair responds extremely well to regular oiling with the right kind of herbs. We have seen that use of the Krya extra conditioning hair oil along with the Krya extra conditioning hairwash help make this kind of hair more manageable, regain strength and improve in health.
Please consider use of the Krya extra conditioning hair system if your hair is extremely dry and unmanageable. This system includes the Krya extra conditioning hair oil, the Krya extra conditioning hairwash and the Krya extra conditioning hair mask.
- The Krya Zesty hair wash - Conditioning has been carefully researched and formulated for hair that is normally dry , frizzy and needs extra conditioning.
- This variant works well with the Krya Extra Conditioning Hair Oil. If you do oil your hair heavily before bath, rinse twice with this product for best results.
- We have used a mix of both traditional and unusual herbs to make up our hair wash and each herb has been chosen for its gentle cleansing or hair softening properties.
- We use only organically grown or pure forest collected herbs in all our Hairwash. This not only helps improve our products efficacy but also helps us stay true to our principle of being a truly environmentally sustainable company.
- Each herb has been carefully processed separately in order to retain its unique nutrient benefits. A batch of Krya hair wash takes over 2 weeks to clean, cure, separately process and blend before it reaches you.
- The Krya conditioning hairwash is a uniquely natural formulation – we use ONLY herbs to make this formulation and every single ingredient has been declared on the pack. There are no other synthetic builders, fillers, colours, surfactants, silicones , preservatives or fragrances that have been added to the product. Every single ingredient comes from some part of a plant and has been minimally manufactured to retain its nutrients.
- The Krya conditioning hairwash is a gentle hair and scalp cleanser.
- It does not contain suspect and potentially harmful ingredients like SLS, SLES, parabens and synthetic fragrances and orks to cleanse hair and scalp thoroughly without stripping hair of natural oils.
- The natural plant conditioners in the formulation leave your hair feeling smooth , conditioned and manageable.
- The grey water from the use of this product can be easily recycled or re-directed into your garden.
Complete List of Ingredients
- Certified Organic - Indian Gooseberry , Lemon, Curry Leaf, White Eclipta, Brahmi
- Organic but not certified – Heritage Mung bean, Heritage Urad bean, Heritage Rice, Albizia, Dwarf copperleaf, Hibiscus Leaf, Hibiscus flower, Heritage Fenugreek
- Forest Collected – Soapberry (2 indigenous varieties), Shikakai, Sweetflag, Nutgrass, Indian Sarsaparilla, Indian Liquorice, Indian Madder
- Make a mildly thick paste with the Krya hairwash - it should look like runny dosa batter and should drip from your hand.
- Wet your hair extremely well. Takes 3 - 4 mugs of water to do this for shoulder length hair. Synthetic shampoos containing wetting agents, so you can actually use the shampoo almost directly on hair without too much wetting. With a natural hairwash like ours, thehair has to be completely wet - hair tends to swell when fully wet, which makes efficient washing easier.
- Apply the paste in sections all over the scalp first. Once you have covered the whole scalp concentrate on the hair length. It is not important to thoroughly scrub hair length but it is important to cover scalp and head well as this is the source of dirt, oil and dandruff.
- If you have oiled your hair, the paste will not have any foam the first time. The product foams only when excess oil and dirt have been removed from your scalp and hair. If you have oiled your hair heavily, please use the product twice. If you have cleaned well the first time, you should see foam during the second application - you can make the paste much more runny for the second time.
- Rinse well in cool water (as cold as you can manage). This seals the hair shaft well - hot water breaks open the hair shaft and fries it (hair is a protein like an egg, so heat cooks it). Use your hand shower or your hands to gentle guide the product from your scalp / head down the length of your hair and out. At this stage, unlike a synthetic shampoo, your hair will NOT feel thick, conditioned or synthetically smooth.
- Towel / air dry your hair. Do not rub vigorously. Do not comb when wet.
- Once dry, your hair should feel light, clean, without any static. Your scalp should feel soothed and not itchy. as mentioned, your hairshould still feel clean 1 / 2 days after washing -and your need to wash should reduce.
Some differences you should expect from the Krya hairwash
- If you do not rinse thoroughly, you may have some product residue in the hair. This falls out during combing / drying and will do no harm to your hair.
- Why this occurs: We have a few constraints when designing our hairwash. we usewhole powdered herbs as traditional medicine (and our experience) tells that that this conserves the nutrient properties of the herbs extremely well. But this means that this is a non-dissolving product, which means that there will be some amount of residue still left over if not rinsed out properly. This rinsing process is a habit - it takes a few tries and usually our consumers get the hang of it over 4 - 5 washes.